Terms of Service
Please read the following Terms of Service carefully before you agree to dog waste removal services from Ghost Scoopers Dog Waste Removal
Each Ghost Scoopers client agrees to the following upon signing up for and/or purchasing any of our services:
Ghost Scoopers and its employees agree to provide any purchased service in a professional, reliable, and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client holds harmless and expressly waives all claims against Ghost Scoopers or its employees, unless arising from gross negligence on the part of Ghost Scoopers staff or management.
We only pick up pet waste we can see to the best of our ability. Yards with tall grass, weeds that are overgrown or not properly landscaped/maintained along with leaves that have not been removed will negatively impact the result of your cleanup(s). Clients will be expected to maintain the length of their grass, trees, bushes, shrubs, and any/all plant growth on the property, and have leaves and other debris removed from the yard. If this is not the case, #8 below will not apply. We will remove pet waste found on top of leaves that are visible but will not go searching through piles of leaves. If waste is on top of rocks, we can’t guarantee we will remove all the waste as it breaks down into smaller pieces and falls under the works. However, we will always try to remove what we can to the best of our abilities. Servicing under decks and/or trampolines: We will only pick up waste that is surrounding the area within arm’s reach of our rakes. We do not service under decks that are lower than 6’ tall or under trampolines. When servicing under trampolines, for liability issues, it is your responsibility to have the trampoline moved to another part of the yard so we can service underneath it. If you see an area that’s being missed, just bring it to our attention so we can correct the issue on subsequent visits. Your satisfaction is important to us. Please let us know if you have a concern so we can quickly resolve it.
- STAFF SAFETY: Please realize dogs are territorial and protective by nature. They may be the sweetest most love-able pets with you, but with us, we’re strangers and intruders in THEIR territory. If a client has the slightest inkling their dog is anything but happy to see a stranger (Ghost Scoopers staff) enter their yard, that dog MUST be kept inside during your service visit on your scheduled service day. Ghost Scoopers will always send a text to their clients when we are on the way. We will not enter a yard with a pet that shows the slightest bit of agitation, aggression, or overly excitable barking. If we enter a client’s yard to find ourselves encountered by an overly aggressive or unfriendly pet, we will do our best to calmly diffuse the situation and exit the yard, if possible. However, we do reserve the right to protect ourselves by any means necessary in accordance with the situation at hand. If a pet shows any signs of aggression and attempts to bite or attack staff, dog repellent may be used. It is the Client’s responsibility to respect the safety of the service provider entering the property while performing services. If this is not the case and an attack occurs, by no fault on the part of Ghost Scoopers, Clients will be required to provide current vaccination records on the spot, and we may notify animal control and/or the proper authorities per local/state laws and regulations and company policy. If you do own an aggressive, anxious, or overly dominant dog/pet, please let us know prior to starting service so that the proper safety procedures can be put in place to keep all parties safe and secure. We LOVE dogs, but staff safety, as well as the safety of our clients’ dogs is top priority and cannot be stressed enough.
- PAYMENTS: All clients are required to have a card (bank/credit) on file when acquiring any recurring services. For recurring services, once your card is on file, we charge the card upon completion of the service on your service day. For one-time services, a card is required to hold the job and guarantee payment. We accept all major credit cards as forms of payment. Cash, payment apps and personal checks are not accepted.
- SERVICE TIMES: We’re unable to provide time-specific visits due to many variables. We guarantee your service will be completed on your service day. Scooping/service hours are from sunup to sundown. We work rain or shine and in most weather conditions. If weather/road conditions become unsafe, we will pause services until they are not, and all clients affected will be notified as soon as possible.
- SERVICE DAYS: From time-to-time, for any reason, we may need to reschedule or change your service day(s) at our discretion. Prior notice will be given. Service Days are dictated by your address and established routes. This enables us to keep prices low and stay competitive.
- HOLIDAYS: We will not be servicing on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday, and Christmas . If your weekly or bi-weekly service falls on one of these days, your service will be postponed to your next scheduled service day. If this happens, instead of charging you for double the waste on your next service, there will only be a slight increase of $10 added to that next service total. If you were/are scheduled for a once-a-month cleaning, your service will be rescheduled for the following week.
- CANCELLATIONS, PAUSES, AND RESTARTS: If at any time you decide to cancel your service for any reason, your account will be frozen. If you then wish to resume services later, you will be required to complete the signup process again and will be liable for payment at the current rate and will lose any benefit of being grandfathered in at your previous rate. If you need to pause or suspend service for any reason, we can do so for a period of up to 30 days. After the 30-day period, your account will be considered inactive, and you will need to complete the signup process again. You will also be liable for payment at the current rate and lose any benefit of being grandfathered in. If you wish to cancel your service, you may do so at any time for any reason. For specific details, see Cancellations/Changes below.
- REFUNDS: We do not offer refunds for payment of services unless the reason is an error on our part. If you decide to cancel your service upon renewal of your billing cycle, we will continue to render services until exhausted for the duration of the current billing cycle. If a refund is to be given for any reason, other than the fault of our own, refunds will be given minus bank/credit card processing fees and any prorated services, if relevant.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with any service you receive, we will do our absolute best to revisit the same day. Revisit requests must be made within 24 hours after completion of the last service, after which all work is final, and no revisits will be provided free of charge. We’ll always do our best to work with you to resolve any issue to your satisfaction within the guidelines of our terms of service.
- LATE PAYMENTS: We understand life gets busy. We will send you an invoice via email/SMS after we completed the service. If we do not hear from you or receive payment within 48 hours, we will send out another reminder. If we still do not receive payment, another attempt will be made 6 days from your last service day. After 6 days from your last service day and still no payment, we will remove all outstanding visits and a late payment fee will be added to your total balance.
Initial Cleanups: If you signed up via our online signup system and inaccurately, falsely, deliberately, knowingly, or unknowingly selected the wrong number of dogs that use the yard or a timeframe since the yard was last cleaned up that is inconsistent with what a Ghost Scoopers employee or management encounters at the time of the initial cleanup, clients will be held liable for any additional charges that may be incurred. Deposits are required for initial cleanups. Those deposits are only to be used for initial cleanups, not for recurring services. Please note, quotes given for first time cleanings are never guaranteed and are subject to change.
Gain/Loss of Pet: It’s the Clients responsibility to notify us of any increase or decrease in the number of pets within 7 days of gain or loss of a pet. Failure to report additional pets may be grounds for termination of service. Additionally, if we notice unreported loss(es) or gain(s) of pets, we reserve the right to increase or adjust your rate accordingly.
Keys: If we’ve been given a key(s) to a Client’s property/residence, it is the Client’s responsibility to request possession of said key(s) upon any termination or cancellation of service. We will not be responsible or held liable for unrequested/unreturned keys after service cancellations.
Gift Cards: At this time, we do not accept gift cards but you are welcome to place a credit onto someone’s account. To do so, please let us know and we will help you.
Referrals: Refer a friend and receive your next service FREE! The person you are sending our way MUST list your first and last name when filling out our quote form as the referral and be a new customer to Ghost Scoopers. To receive your free service, you must be an active recurring customer. Receiving weekly, bi-weekly or once a month services. You will not receive a free service if it has been over 30 days since your last service with Ghost Scoopers. You will receive your free service after we have completed the service of the person you referred to us, and they have paid in full for that service.
Marketing Material: All Clients give express permission to Ghost Scoopers to use images/photos of services performed or rendered at Clients property or residence on Ghost Scoopers website, social media sites and any other marketing materials (print or digital) unless other arrangements have been made between Client and Ghost Scoopers management.
Cancellations/Charges: Either party may cancel this agreement at any time. We do not require contracts or have termination fees for cancellations for residential services. However, we do require all cancellations to be submitted in writing via email or through the client portal at least 24 hours prior to your next service day. For commercial clients, we do require a 30-day prior written notice via email or submitted via the client portal for service cancellations. Any service upgrades/downgrades or cancellation requests must be submitted in writing via the Client Portal or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and are usually able to take effect within 24 hours. If we show up to your property and are unable to service the yard due to any reason or you cancel your service day without a 24-hour notice given to us, there will be a $10 service charge billed to your account. If we show up to your property and need to wait, we will only wait a maximum of 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, we will be unable to service your yard and there will be a $10 service charge billed to your account.
*Our policy is subject to change at any time. It is our client’s responsibility to stay up to date with our current policy